Saturday 21 April 2012

Life happens ♥


I just thought about if there is a balance between the HI´s and GOODBYE´s you say in your whole entire life. But before I enter into this thought my brain just created I want to tell you that I found this lovely heart on one of my latest strolls around the Greystones´ beach. 



lovely heart // by mr. or mrs. stranger


It seems like somebody has left his/her heart behind at this beautiful place. Finding little things like this makes me happy. If it´s a heart like this or a symbol carved into a tree or a little note on a paper on the street from a stranger to another stranger – even if you can´t really find out a meaning (and no it´s not just rubbish laying around on the roads).


Back to my considerations about HI and GOODBYE.


I suppose you would say HI to your friends, your family, your neighbors, your colleague’s at work, yes - even to your dentist. But you don´t necessarily have to say Goodbye to everybody because you know you will see them again. (Well – hopefully the dentist not too soon). So you would probably leave with the words “See you” or “See you soon” or you would use the word “Bye” assuming the same meaning. 

After some pints of Guinness some irish people like to change their friendly “See you soon” into a friendly “Fuck off” or “Piss off”. (But that is something you have to experience by yourself)


Now that I realized that there is a serious difference between the words “Goodbye” and “See you” I blame myself for actually thinking about it. 


There were some questions I asked myself before I left to Ireland and they are still unanswered. 


Will you remember me? Will you keep me here? Will I take you with me? Will I change? Will something at home change? Will I just think something has changed? Will I miss you very much AND Will I go crazy because I miss you so much?


What actually happened was that I arrived in Ireland and I completely threw these questions over board. I didn´t think about them at all I just let life happening and it was very easy to do that because everything was new from the mattress I´m sleeping on to the luck promising irish shamrock shampoo I once used (I would NOT recommend it – for using it your hair already needs luck), from the new town you live to the new food you´re eating and just NOT having the people around you are normally used to have around.


And life happened. 


Dublin, Galway, Belfast, Donegal, Cork, Howth, Malahide, Kinsale, Cobh, Blarney, Dingle, Ventry, Glendalough, … that are just a few places I got to see during the last incredible 10 months of my life.

I went sightseeing, dancing, angling, climbing, hill walking, swimming (brrrrr….cold), horse riding, singing and so much more that I can´t even remember it all. 


I met amazing, lovely and just great people. With some I spent more time than with others but I enjoyed every single minute with all of them. There are people I will really miss and I would like to follow one of my hostchildren´s carefully planned mission´s to just pack them into my suitcase and take them with me. (so mind yourself during the next week)


And life will happen.


I will be home in just 10 days and my life will keep going on - probably in the same turbo mode speed as my time in Ireland just flew by. I´m really looking forward to start my internship at the local newspaper to give the ´career future part of life´ a push … and then there is something else exciting happening this summer. For these who think now that they are pretty smart knowing that I will go to Copenhagen for the summer: that will NOT going to happen as the family quit the idea of having an au pair.

One little clue: It has something to do with my passion for traveling and living abroad.

Second tiny clue: It´s gonna be hot(ter)! :-P

But enough for now… I will announce it soon.


So what I actually just realized is that I´m standing in front of the same bunch of questions AGAIN:


Will you remember me? Will you keep me here? Will I take you with me? (apart from this very tricky suitcase plans) Will I change? Will something at ´home´ change? Will I just think something has changed? Will I miss you very much AND Will I go crazy because I miss you so much?


I realized that I also left a piece of my heart here in Ireland. Not in the sand but just somewhere here in this beautiful country - the piece of my heart giving for people I met and for experiences I made. 
But as I made a promise to myself not to say Goodbye anymore and I know that I will be back someday I will just say:


SEE YOU SOON IRELAND
SEE YOU SOON LOVELY PEOPLE
SEE YOU SOON PIECE OF MY HEART!


Love, Anni


P. S. Do something you love every day!

P.S. 2: Be excited for a BLOG from my Scotland trip during the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment